Box of Rain is recruiting for the following position(s):
Part-time Volunteer Coordinator
This position will be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers for Box of Rain's programs and events, including the following:
- Drivers for our after-school and other programs
- Mentors for our summer camp, boatbuilding, fitness, and Charting Careers programs
- Event helpers at our fundraising events throughout the year
- Fundraising hosts
- Works with social, civic, and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Advertises volunteer opportunities through social media and the Anne Arundel County Volunteer Center.
- Vets volunteers through the application and background check process.
- Maintains the volunteer section of Box of Rain’s NationBuilder database, including adding and updating contact information.
- Communicates with volunteers via NationBuilder’s text and email applications.
- Coordinates scheduling of volunteer activities using scheduling software such as SignUp Genius or Doodle.
- Trains volunteers as required for each activity.
- Reports to ED on volunteer activities as needed.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
Box of Rain has no physical address, so this position will be home- and site-based.
This position is an unpaid volunteer position that is estimated to require 2–4 hours per week on average. Experience with online scheduling programs (such as Doodle) preferred. Basic computer literacy and texting required. Candidate must be willing to learn and work with our NationBuilder database. Strong contacts in the Annapolis/Eastport community a plus! Email email@example.com with your interest.
Box of Rain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Box of Rain complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.